Computers have become the most important part of our routine life. Life has became easier as we work with them, we play & get entertained with them and also we read & study with them.
With the explosion in wireless technology and wearable devices, scanning pens have become powerful tools. The most basic pens work just like a highlighter, and help with reading of text in books, newspapers and magazines. Some devices can download the scanned text into a computer or mobile device, along with any notes the student may take. Some read text back. Designed for copious note takers and researchers, the pen scanner has also found a receptive audience in families with children with special needs.
Parents and teachers have found that they ease the reading process, can build vocabulary and improve pronunciation.
Difficulty comes when whatever we have or want is not available in digital format. If you have ever faced such problem!!!! Solution is there.. 🙂 you can scan your data with scanners either hand held or flat bed. But both have their own pros and cons and the data which you get comes in PDF format which you can’t easily modify.
What if i get a device that copy text from the page and paste it instantly on your computer. So lets talk about another advanced solution which may solve your problems.
A product named “SCANMARKER” : A scanner having and look like a pen and this pen scans / captures/highlights the selected text and process and place it into your computer. Or i can say a scanner penthat scans the text and transform it into editable text in computer.
So anyone can use this handy device (Scanmarker) and scan printed text from any document, newspaper, magazine or book and transfers it into the computer within a few seconds.
HOW DO PEN SCANNERS WORK?
Simply glide the scanner across the text. The pen scanner will let you scan, store and transfer your printed text as well as smaller images to your computer or a mobile device. It’s ideal for taking notes, or, for teachers, scanning text for students that use a text reader.
DIFFERENT KINDS OF PEN SCANNERS
There are fundamentally two kinds of scanning pens, but with technology advancing so quickly, tools are developing that provide all of this functionality.
Scanning pens scan the text one line at a time. These pens can read the text aloud and provide definitions for desired words. Some devices can download scanned material to your computer or mobile device.
Recording pens work more like traditional pens. While you busily write or take notes, the pen records the notes digitally and, in some models, simultaneously records live audio.
The material can then be downloaded to a computer or mobile device and organize them into notes.
IS THE PEN SCANNER RIGHT FOR YOUR CHILD?
If you are making a decision as to whether your child will benefit from using a pen scanner, consider the following:
- Fine motor control is essential. Expensive, exciting tools that your child can’t physically control can be frustrating for everyone.
- Is your child responsible enough?
- Will your child use the tool wisely?
- Discretion is important. A talking pen can invite abuse in the classroom.
Specifications of Scanmarker:
- A pen sized & less expensive handheld scanner.
- Easy to install and use.
- Can scan text of more than 20 languages.
- Captures the printed scan within a few seconds
- Having portable design that let you carry it anywhere.
- It can recognize 3000 characters per minute.
- Scanmarker first captures the raw image of scanned text as it may not neat then this basic image fixed into a straightened image using patented algorithms and then OCR : Optical Character Recognitionalgorithm take that modified image and convert it into editable text.
- The above whole process takes time in fraction of seconds i.e. text appears instantly on computer screen which is 30 times faster than manual typing.